Friday, October 24, 2014

Blog Assignment #10

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

Interview with Mrs. Cassidy part 1.
Canada is where Mrs. Cassidy is from!
Interview with Mrs. Cassidy part 2
Interview with Mrs. Cassidy part 3

     There are many things to learn from Mrs. Cassidy. First, I want to express my admiration for how she brought technology into the classroom. I noticed that this was in 2010. Well I graduated from high school in 2009 and we were doing nothing even close to what these 1st graders were doing in her classroom. I hope to be at a school where my students will have access to their own laptops to use in the classroom and at home. This way I can get them to practice many of the things that Mrs. Cassidy had her students doing in her classroom. I hope that when I become a teacher I can incorporate blogging in my lesson plan while teaching my elementary students reading and writing along with many other necessary skills that they will need even at an early age. Another technological learning tool she had for her classroom was a webpage with links to educational games that her students had access to. I think this is a great idea, especially because most of the children I know, even younger than kindergarten, always have some kind of high tech device in their hands and are playing some game. This learning activity helps to spark their interest in education.

1 comment:

  1. Good post! I graduated in 2011, and I did not do anything like what we have been learning in this class, which is apparently 1st grade work these days. I think your idea to incorporate blogging into the classroom is wonderful. It has been a great resource for me so far, and I still have plenty to learn. Having the students blog as well, enables them to help you and vice versa. Best of luck!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete