Saturday, September 13, 2014

Project #15

Search Engines Review


  • Wolfram Alpha- this is a wonderful search engine for all those subjects you struggle with. It gives you the information you need at just a click. It's like an online tutor.
  • FreeBookSearch- This one I love! Search for any book, from anytime and by anyone, and, as far as I've seen, it has it!
  • ChaCha- I have always been an avid ChaCha user. But for some reason it never clicked in my head that is was a search engine. I used to have it on my phone labeled as "God". I know horrible joke. So I changed it. Anyways, it really has the answer to literally everything. 
  • WebMD- Because nowadays everyone is a doctor and can diagnose themselves. Just type in your symptoms and "poof" your disease magically appears. However I used this search engine while I was in nursing school and it is actually really accurate. 
  • Ask.com- You ask a question and everyone on the World Wide Web, of Ask.com to be more exact, can and will answer you. However, the answers may not be what you are looking for. 
  • Trulia- This is by far my favorite search engine to look for houses for both rent and buy. Even though I do not plan on doing either anytime soon, it is fun to look. 
  • PriceGrabber- Every shopaholic must look into this one! Pricegrabber compares whatever item you are looking for to so many different sources to find you the best deal. 
  • JavaScriptSearch- This one is great for this EDM 310 class and for anybody that likes to work in the text code of the world today. JavaScriptSearch helps you to find the code that you need specifically for what you're doing. 

2 comments: