Friday, September 19, 2014

Blog Assignment #5 Part #1

PLNs What are they?

   Personal Learning Networks are a place where you can go to find sources and information about whatever it is you are in need for to learn. They supply a search for you of people and tools to find what you need.
   PLNs will help me as a teacher because they save all the information to one easily accessible screen for me to use. It helps for better organization having pretty much everything you need at the click of a button. Plus you can find other teachers who are trying the same things as you in your classroom and figure out what works best and compare or work together to make the classroom a better learning area.
   PLNs are formed depending on the types of sources or information you seek. This builds up your personal learning network that is specified on what you want and need.

   For my personal learning network, I am using Symbaloo. I like the way it is layed out like a iPhone or iPad with different "apps" to click on. So far I have added blogger, google docs, and many other tools we use in this EDM 310 class. I plan on adding other tiles to help with my other classes as well as for the future when I am a teacher.
     The first additions to my PNL will be the first teacher's blog for my C4T project, along with any other teachers I will be following. I plan on adding the children I follow for my C4K project as well because I feel that their posts will help me assess my future students.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that having a PLN will be important once we start teaching. We could all use other teachers' advice to help build our students' future. Symbaloo is a great tool to create a PLN. I used Symbaloo as well. I find it important that our PLNs evolve as we learn. Great post!

    ReplyDelete