Friday, September 26, 2014

Blog Post # 6

What did you learn from these conversations with Anthony Capps.

    I thoroughly enjoyed watching all of the Anthony Capps Videos. Both Project Based Learning Part 1 and Project Based Learning Part 2 were very helpfull for what I plan on doing when I become a teacher. I love how he was using PBL in his classroom and giving the students choices in their projects. This is truly what causes the spark in creativity. Also, when he said he used art as like a bonus for when the children were doing movies. The students had to write an essay about why a certain part was the most important and then they could draw a picture for the part.
teaching technology

    I had never heard of iCurio. But I like how it filters out the non-educational information from the search engine. This is great for the students in the classroom so that they are not lead astray by the wrong information.
    Discovery Education helps schools get ahead on the digital world so that they can teach their students. It gives access to e books for the schools and their students.
    Don't teach tech. Use it I completely agree with this video. The best way to learn anything is by actually doing it. "Practice what you preach" is a slogan I have always lived by and as a teacher you surely much take this to heart.
    In Additional Thoughts, when Mr. Capps said that you need to plan out your lessons in layers, it really caught my attention. You have to think of how all of the pieces fit together in order for everything to play out.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of the links you put in, but your responses for each site are brief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I'll add to them as soon as I can. Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete